Friday 12 January 2018

Academia, Religion, Conflict and Peace .... at Harvard




From the editor/blogger:-

I do get lost in the internet from time to time. By that I mean that I discover a marvellous site and explore it and what it leads to and, afterwards, I can't recall how I got there in the first place.  Such it has been this morning and I have finished up - here in Australia - getting enrolled in a Religious Studies course at Harvard in the USA.

I have a Bachelor's degree from the University of Queensland here in Australia which includes a major in Religious Studies.  Here is what decided me to plunge into this Harvard Course.  It is/was the sales pitch of Professor Diane Moore of Harvard University that spurred me on to enrol in this course together with the angle it is taking - as well as the space and place of religions to-day.

I also think that the description given by Professor Moore will give me a sound basis for updating my knowledge of the place of religion in the world as it is to-day. The world - and its people and its social and ecological milieu - is not an easy creation to get one's head around - however, a sound overview of religion together with my background in sociology and politics should help me to come to a reasonable assessment of the world as it is to-day.

I would love to hear from readers of this blog. Would you be interested in venturing into the academic world of Religious Studies? Professor Moore's course would be a good start, a way of dipping one's toes in the water.  The course costs $50 - and, of course, this is in $US so you would need to check out the rate of exchange in your own country. You can opt for a verification certificate at the end of the course.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beside The Creek does not accept Anonymous comment. All comments are moderated.